Crown International Guardians means Crown International Guardians Ltd, ‘the Parents’ means the parents or guardians of the Student: ‘the Student’ means the student to whom this agreement relates; ‘the School’ means the school at which the Student is placed for the time being; ‘the Programme’ means the guardianship services offered to the student by Crown International Guardians.
2. Crown International Guardians’ obligations
- To undertake, subject to the provisions of Paragraph 3.2, parental responsibility for the Student during term time and, in particular, where appropriate, to exercise its discretion on behalf of the Parents where consents are required from the School for activities to be undertaken by the Student.
- To oversee, administer and liaise on behalf of the Parents with the School throughout the duration of the Programme.
- To liaise with the Parents and the School, and generally to provide for the welfare of the Student during the Programme.
- To arrange transport for the Student between the point of arrival or departure in England and the School subject to reimbursement of expenses in accordance with Crown International Guardians’ published tariff.
- Crown International Guardians will take all reasonable steps to: ascertain from the Student where and when he/she intends to travel independently; and take all reasonable steps to provide information as to where the Student intends to travel independently to the Parent(s) within a reasonable time prior to the child’s stated intended departure date for the independent travel.
3. The Parents’ Obligations and Confirmations
- The Parents confirm that Crown International Guardians Ltd are the persons legally and properly entitled to act as guardians to the Student.
- The Parents delegate their parental powers and duties to Crown International Guardians during the course of the programme provided that Crown International Guardians shall be released from all such duties during any periods when the Student is under the direct control of the Parents or is absent from the School for purposes not sanctioned by Crown International Guardians or by the School, in particular for purposes arranged by the parents direct.
- To provide any additional authority which may be required by the School to enable it to supply to Crown International Guardians all information it may require concerning the Student’s performance and conduct throughout the duration of the programme.
- The Parents authorise Crown International Guardians to delegate such parental powers and duties to the School in such a manner and to such an extent as it thinks fit.
- The Parents confirm their understanding of the medical release authorisation on our application form and confirm and undertake with Crown International Guardians that the Student has no allergies or special medical conditions which would affect the Students’ medical treatment other than any disclosed separately in writing by the Parents. Crown International Guardians may at its discretion attempt to obtain consents from the Parents for serious or emergency medical treatment but this may not be possible, whether because of language difficulties, shortage of time or otherwise, and Crown International Guardians will therefore be under no obligation to obtain any such consents from the Parents.
- To be responsible for all fees properly payable in respect of the Programme In accordance with the provisions set out in the fees list as set out in section 11 of these terms and conditions, the parent guide and on emails confirming events.
- The Parents shall not act in such a way as to prevent Crown International Guardians from carrying out its obligations under this agreement in a proper and reasonable manner.
- Neither the Parents nor the Student will be responsible to the School for any accidental damage and Crown International Guardians will require the School to effect their own insurance against such damage. The School will not however be responsible for the loss of, or accidental damage to, the Student’s belongings and it is therefore the Parents’ responsibility to take out their own insurance if required.
- To ensure that the Student complies with all rules, regulations of Crown International Guardians Ltd as set out in the Student and Parent Handbooks and Student Charter and all other reasonable requirements of regulations and to agree to their child signing this charter and for them to counter sign this Student Charter if required.
- To indemnify Crown International Guardians against all costs, claims and other losses which may arise by reason of its reasonable exercise of any discretion or other authority given to it by virtue of this Agreement.
- Either Crown International Guardians or the Parents may terminate this Agreement by giving to the other party at least one clear term’s notice in writing to expire at the end of a term. This means, therefore, that any such notice, whether given during term time or during school holidays, must expire at the end of the following term. If one terms notice is not given, the Parents will be liable for one terms Guardianship fees as set out in the fees sheet.
- In the event of the Student being expelled by the School in accordance with its rules and regulations, Crown International Guardians shall immediately be released from all its obligations to the Parent or the Student under the terms of this Agreement and the Parent shall not be entitled to any refund of fees. Any fresh arrangement for the Student following expulsion must be the subject of separate negotiation between the Parents and Crown International Guardians.
- In the event of the Student not being expelled by the School but the Student being guilty of persistent unreasonable behaviour or behaviour of a seriously unreasonable nature, under circumstances where Crown International Guardians acting reasonably shall no longer be prepared to accept responsibility for the Student, then Crown International Guardians may terminate this agreement forthwith by notice in writing to the parents in which event Crown International Guardians shall immediately be released from all its obligations from the parents or the Student under the terms of this agreement and the Parents shall not be entitled to any refund of fees.
5. Change of school
- Crown International Guardians will act in accordance with any reasonable requirement of the Parents in connection with any change of school for the Student and in particular Crown International Guardians will not transfer the Student to another school without the written consent of the parents.
6. English law
- This Agreement and any agreement with the School and any other matters relating to the Programme shall be subject to English Law and the Parents undertake to submit to the jurisdiction of English Courts in respect of any matters arising out of any of them. The parents acknowledge that English Law may be different from the law of their own country, e.g. in respect of race relations or sex discrimination.
7. Exclusion of Crown International Guardians’ liability
- As the School will be selected only with the consent of the Parent, Crown International Guardians cannot accept any responsibility to the Parents or the Student for any acts or omissions of the School relating to the Student.
- Where the parent has opted for another holiday course organised by another organisation the parents acknowledge that Crown International Guardians cannot take responsibility for any omissions on their part as whilst on the course the other organisation’s Terms and Conditions apply.
- Whilst Crown International Guardians will be pleased to assist the Student and the Parents in obtaining any visas and any other entry or re-entry documents which may be required for the Student, or in complying with any statutory entry or re-entry requirements, Crown International Guardians cannot accept any responsibility for such matters and any legal responsibility shall rest with the Student and the Parents.
- Crown International Guardians cannot accept any responsibility generally for acts carried out in exercising its powers and duties under this Agreement or any omissions relating thereto, except insofar as such acts or omissions are in contravention of this Agreement.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Crown International Guardians cannot accept any responsibility to the School for any acts or omissions of the Student and it is recommended therefore that each student carry his own third party insurance.
- In the light of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (S A R S) epidemic in 2003, and the Swine flu pandemic of 2009, if an outbreak of any infectious or contagious disease is reported in the country that you reside, you may be asked to certify that your child has not suffered from any illness or signs of illness in the three months preceding their entry to the UK and that as far as you know, your child has not been in contact with anyone suffering from any infectious or contagious disease before we agree to accept your child into our care. We may undertake one or any of the following actions should cases of such diseases be reported: To require that your child is medically examined before being sent to the UK and a medical certificate be issued to state that the risk of carrying any infectious or contagious disease is minimal. Any medical certificate provided must be in English.
If your child refuses to be medically examined upon request, the guardianship agreement will be terminated. To refuse to accept your child into our care if the medical examination suggests the likelihood of exposure to any infectious or contagious disease or if we have any reason to suspect that your child may be been exposed to any infectious or contagious disease. Once your child has arrived in the UK, whilst we will make every effort to find accommodation for your child, if the school refuses to accept your child for whatever reason, including the school closing due to a pandemic or contagious outbreak, we will accept your child into our care for the sole purpose of arranging your child’s travel home. The cost of the return airfare and any costs incurred accommodating your child in such circumstances will be reimbursed by you. Should we refuse to accept your child into our care, this decision is final.
8. Promotional material
Sometimes we take photographs for us to use for identification purposes, for sending back to you in our reports and from time to time would like to use these in promotional material such as this brochure, the student handbook or our website. If you do not agree to this, you must inform us in writing.
9. Entire agreement clause
This agreement and any schedules and documents referred to constitute the entire agreement and understanding between us Crown International Guardians and you the Parents in relation to the subject matter thereof.
Without prejudice to any variation, this Agreement shall supersede any prior promises, agreements, representations, undertakings or implications whether made orally or in writing between you and us relating to the subject matter of this Agreement but this will not affect any obligations contained in any such prior agreement which are expressed to continue after termination.
In the event of any provisions of this Agreement being held to be void or unenforceable such provision shall be deemed to be severable so that the remaining parts of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect to the exclusion of the void or unenforceable provision.
11. Schedule of payment
The following is a list of fees payable in respect of each guardianship service package offered by Crown International Guardians .
Guardianship fees per year £1495 (excl. VAT)